To Keep A Long Story Short

Of polka dotted horses jumping over rainbow poles, great food and the beautiful Nurul.

(3Q Classic hosts the South East Asian League World Cup event, and its Equestrian Promotion’s Triple Crown of Show Jumping and Dressage)

I bumped into a friend at 3Q's equestrian event. I just found out then that she was riding for Malaysia. Surprise, surprise. The dressage was boring, I didn't really understand that part of the event much. The riders and their horses were just circling around the arena. Nothing spectacular really. The show jumping was a lot of fun. They had 3 stages or levels or whatever else you call it, and raised the bar each time. I think it went up to over 1.5m. When you're up on a horse, believe me that's pretty damn high. Two riders got thrown off their horses, where one of them had to be sent to the hospital for a broken thigh. Night time rolled in and the "party" started. They had fantastic BBQ food, karaoke and an open dance floor. Nurul (Ajai's ex, the songbird) was there. She is absolutely drop dead beautiful in real life. Among all the local celebrities I've met she might just be the nicest, warmest, most down to earth personality yet. She did a few impromptu numbers during the karaoke and man can she sing.

Of uber expensive t-shirts, man in mini skirt and hot MILFs.

(Zang Toi New York Fall & Resort Collections 2008 at Hotel Istana)

Zang Toi's charity fashion show was fun. It was held in the Grand Mahkota Ballroom at Hotel Istana. We were completely out of place, for sure. The invites wrote "Formal", but there I was in a tucked out shirt, corduroy pants and white sneakers. I saw a few notable models and some goodlooking MILFs. Hoo yeah. We were walking around, looking through Zang Toi's new line, and there he was, the man himself, coming out of the press conference wearing a black baby tee and a black leather mini skirt. How often do you see a sane, 5' 5" Chinese man, wearing a leather mini skirt in public and get away with it? Zainal Abidin was the guest performer that night, and sang a few numbers. One of them was his most famous song, Hijau. He was surprisingly pretty good. Later on after the show we met Zainal Abidin and Zang Toi to snap some photos.

Of an impromptu rendezvous, white washed cafe and shitty ventilation.

(Oh My God That's What I Call Music #2 at Cloth & Clef featuring Laila's Lounge, Telebury, the Stoned Revivals and Rashdan Harith)

Cloth & Clef was just around the corner so we decided to stop by and check out that night's event. The place looks like a Palate Pallete wannabe. The line up was good, but the Stoned Revivals played a tad too long I think. We were waiting for Telebury, but decided to bail out early since it was getting so hot and stuffy because the place was cramped up with so many people and the ventilation was utter shit. I'll think twice if ever there's another event there again.

Of pretentious wannabes, great music and wasted nights.

(Twilight Action Girl at The Loft, Zouk)

I think it's been at least a few years since I've been to TAG. I was in the neighbourhood, since the hotel is only walking distance from Zouk, so I thought what the hell. Bumped into a friend there, as always. The music was good. Though I was entertained more by the crowd than TAG itself. I don't know if they're pretentious, trying too hard or both. Thank god it was only a minority, but there were still some sore sights. I saw at least 7-8 people with almost identical black & white horizontal stripped tops in a crowd of about 30 plus people. See, that is what happens when people try too hard to look unique and artsy and all of them congregate at the same spot on the same night every week. Idiots. That night I got completely sloshed. And that was probably only the third time in my life I've ever gotten completely smashed. Funny thing was that I didn't get any hangovers the day after. Hmm.

Of over-budgeted events, Taiwanese rappers and Flo Rida.

(Hennesy Artistry presenting Flo Rida, DJ Latin Prince, Machi and Pop Shuvit with visuals by VJ Callen)

Last weekend's Hennesy Artistry was crazy awesome. The set up was completely mind blowing. I felt as though I was at an international event somewhere overseas. They must have spent at least millions (I heard from the grapevines it was a little over RM1.5 million) on the whole event; artists, visuals, stage, free flow drinks, etc. I'm not a big fan of any of the performers that night but I thought since the invites were free, why not? Among the line up that night, I enjoyed Machi the most. No doubt they were a bit pop-ish, but entertaining nonetheless. DJ LP was crap. Flo Rida was great. We managed to climb up the tiny podium right smack in the middle, barely a few feet away from the stage. What a view that was. If only I had that same spot at Sunburst when Incubus performed. Now that would've been insane.

Of late mornings.

My holidays are coming to an end. Thank god for that. Long holidays drive me crazy. I don't really feel like writing (explains why I sound so bleedingly boring). But I just had to, for remembrance sake. There's a lot of other things that happened in between, but none that I can recall now from the top of my head. It's probably written in pieces of paper or my notebook, somewhere in my room.

Oh well.