Tiptoe

I've traveled far and wide.

To beautiful landscapes and foreign cities. Through dreary back alleys and abandoned spaces. Skipping train tracks and lying on asphalt grounds. Swimming in droning moonsongs and existential thoughts. Drowning in the pages of fictional bedtime stories. Into and out of the lives of friends and lovers. To far reaching dreams that beacons my pathway and the mistakes that darkens it. To bittersweet memories that cuts my heart at every replay. To tumultuous journeys of laughter, blood, sweat and tears. To places so dark you lose yourself.

I've traveled too far.

There is nowhere else I'd rather be than now. At the most trying of times, this is where I begin to search for the person I lost a lifetime ago. The battles were never this difficult, the pain never this real. The fear of an impossible future. A dim hope. Nevertheless, a shred of hope. Maybe there will be better things to come. Maybe one day I'll find something meaningful. Maybe I still have a chance.

And maybe, there's still time.

(6.01pm, 7th December 2007)